A webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the Web using video conferencing software.
A number of governmental, proprietary and non-profit organizations provide webinars relevant to human subjects' research on compliance and ethics. We post them here as a convenience to the research community. Some webinars are fee-based or require membership; other webinars are complimentary to the general public. Webinars that are offered with complimentary viewing are usually archived at the various organizations' websites and accessible for viewing on-demand.
- 5/15/18 and 5/17/18: "Create Recruitment Materials That IRBs Love": Provided by Quorum Review IRB (Free, CEUs Available)
The following sites regularly provide human subjects research related webinars. You are welcome to access those sites directly for additional educational resources.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- WIRB-Copernicus Group
- Quorum Review IRB
- Forte Research Systems
- SMART IRB (see Attend a Webinar Section)
Please note that we do not control the content of these externally provided webinars and therefore, we cannot attest to the accuracy of the information they provide.
- Early Access to Investigational Drugs: Lessons from Ebola (2014)
- OHRP: Guidance on Reporting Incidents to OHRP (2014)
- WCG: Do the Right Thing: Unique Ethical Issues in Oncology Research (2014)
- NIH: Integrating Behavioral and Social Sciences into Healthcare Education (2014)
- Bench to Bedside: An Overview of Biosafety From Discovery to Therapeutic Application (2014)
- Nova: Cracking Your Genetic Code Presentation (2012)
- PRIMR: Research Involving “Edge” Populations: Ethical and Regulatory Considerations (2012)
- IRB Boards and Qualitative Research: Bonus Handouts #1 Relevant Federal IRB Regulations (2012)
- IRB Boards and Qualitative Research: Bonus Handouts #2 Informed Consent (2012)
- IRB Boards and Qualitative Research: Bonus Handouts #3 IRB Examples (2012)
- IRB Boards and Qualitative Research: Bonus Handouts #4 Ethics, Confidentiality and Informed Consent (2012)
- IRB Boards and Qualitative Research: Bonus Handouts #5 G W Forms and Examples (2012)
- IRB Boards and Qualitative Research: Insider Guidance for IRB Forms, Informed Consent (2012)
- Rutgers University: Bioethics Café: The Immortal Life if Henrietta Lacks (2012)
- WIRBinar: How to Survive an FDA Inspection (2011)
- HRP Associates: Adverse Events and Unanticipated Problems (2011)
- HRP Associates: Informed Consent (2011)
- HRP Associates: Continuing Review (2011)
- HRP Associates: Internet Research & Electronic Data Security (2011)
- HRP Associates: Program Evaluation & IRB Review (2011)
- HRP Associates: Program Evaluation Student Research & IRB Review (2011)
- HRP Associates: Tissue and Data Repositories: Issues & IRB Concerns (2011)