The eIRB system is the web-based application routing and tracking system. The system will increase the efficiency of the approval and administrative processes for projects and protocols involving human subjects in research. It is designed to replace the cumbersome and paper-intensive process under which applicants currently apply for IRB approval of study proposals. eIRB has been developed to standardize and computerize the Rutgers Institutional Review Boards (IRBs).
|Rutgers University eIRB Website|
- While the HealthSci New Brunswick and Newark IRBs use eIRB, the ArtSci New Brunswick IRB does not yet use eIRB.
- Once you successfully complete your CITI Training, eIRB will synchronize your completion records with CITI training. The criteria for synchronization is a matching email address. ***The email provided to CITI must match the email listed in eIRB.
eIRB In-Person Training Workshops
eIRB Training Documents
eIRB Training Presentation for IRB Committee Members (PowerPoint)
eIRB Department Approvers
eIRB Guest Accounts
- All eIRB users require a Rutgers NetID account in order to login.
- All non-Rutgers users will be required to request a Rutgers Guest Netid.
- For any questions regarding the Guest Process, please the Guest Process FAQ.
- For any follow up information about your Guest Account request, please contact the OIT Computing Help Desk 848-445-HELP (4357).
- If you have any questions regarding your eIRB submission, please contact your local IRB office for assistance.
- You can also send an email directly to eIRB Help.