The eIRB system is the web-based application routing and tracking system for IRB review of Human Subject research.
eIRB In-Person Training Workshops
Join the eIRB E-Mail List
Receive important information about Human Subject Protection and eIRB related issues.
eIRB Training Documents
eIRB Training Presentation for IRB Committee Members (PowerPoint)
ArtSci IRB Student Researchers
The following guidelines apply to studies submitted to the ArtSci IRB with paper and eIRB submissions:
Rutgers Graduate students and PhD students may be Principal Investigators on paper submissions and eIRB submissions. This is providing that the Graduate student has obtained a Rutgers full-time faculty advisor, who must be listed on the paper application and in eIRB, the advisor must be listed under both Co-Investigator and Study Staff areas.
Undergraduate students cannot be Principal Investigators. On paper submissions and in eIRB, undergraduate students can work on an application with their Rutgers full-time faculty advisor is listed as Principal Investigator. The Principal Investigator is the only person allowed to submit the project to the IRB in paper or through eIRB.
eIRB Guest Accounts
- All eIRB users require a Rutgers NetID account in order to login.
- All non-Rutgers users will be required to request a Rutgers Guest Netid.
- For any questions regarding the Guest Process, please the Guest Process FAQ.
- For any follow up information about your Guest Account request, please contact the OIT Computing Help Desk 848-445-HELP (4357).
eIRB Department Approvers
- eIRB Department Approvers List [7/9/20] (PDF)
- If you have any questions regarding your eIRB submission, please contact your local IRB office for assistance.
- You can also send an email directly to eIRB Help.