CITI Training Website
|CITI Training Website (citiprogram.org)|
You must take Rutgers’ CITI educational program prior to engaging in human subjects research if:
- a human subjects research project is going to be performed in whole or in part on Rutgers premises. Those study personnel engaged in the research to be conducted on Rutgers premises must take the CITI program. It doesn't matter whether these individuals are affiliated with Rutgers or with another institution and it doesn't matter which IRBs have reviewed and approved the study.
- a Rutgers-affiliated individual is going to engage in human subjects research (faculty, non-faculty staff, house staff officer, student, volunteer or other agent, acting in connection with his or her Rutgers responsibilities or educational program). An individual must take the CITI program, regardless of where the research is being performed, or which IRBs will review and approve the research.
- a research project will make use of Rutgers private, identifiable information about human subjects or potential subjects. Study personnel using this information must take the CITI program, regardless of where the research is being performed, which IRBs will review the research, or whether the study personnel are affiliated with Rutgers.
Individuals not "engaged in research," as defined by federal Guidance on this topic, need not take the CITI program under any circumstances. Consultation with Rutgers IRB staff should be sought prior to determining whether certain activities for a human subjects research project constitute "engagement in research."
- How do I begin my course? (citiprogram.org)
- Enrolling in CITI for New Users (citiprogram.org)
- Add/Change Your Affiliated Institution (citiprogram.org)
- Completing Your CITI Training [PDF]
- Completing a CITI Refresher Course [PDF]
Print Your CITI Certificate
- Log Into CITI
- Click "Main Menu"
- Click "Print Report" for each applicable course
Management Assistant / CITI Help